Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully.
By accepting my quote you are agreeing to the Following Terms & Conditions.
DEPOSIT, CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- Each cake quote is valid for 7 days from date of issue.
- Upon overall design of your cake being finalised and proceeding with the order a 50% deposit will be required within 7 days.
- If the deposit is not received within this timeframe the booking may be cancelled. Upon receipt of the deposit, your booking is secured and the quoted price remains fixed for the details outlined in the quote.
- The balance of the quote is due in full no later than 1 week before your order is required.
- If the event is less than 14 days away, the quote will be due in full 2 days from the date it is issued.
- Our method of payment is via Direct Deposit or Paypal. Please note we do NOT accept cheques nor do we have eftpos facilities.
- Failure to make payments by the due date MAY result in your order being cancelled; please contact us asap to discuss any problems/ possible late payment.
- Payments via instalments are welcome. If you wish to organise instalments or other payment terms please contact us. Any changes to the payment terms are subject to mutual agreement. Payment terms agreed upon must be adhered to.
IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION
- All requests for cancellation must be made in writing.
- If a cancellation is received and it is more than 4 weeks prior to the agreed completion date your deposit will be refunded less a $20 administrative fee.
- If a cancellation is received and it is less than 4 weeks prior to the agreed completion date your deposit will be forfeited. This is because all bookings are date specific and your deposit will be used against other orders which were declined in order for your booking.
- If a cancellation is made less than 4 weeks prior to the agreed completion date and full payment has been received, you will forfeit your deposit. The remaining balance will be refunded into your bank account via direct deposit.
DESIGN AND FLAVOUR CHANGES
- Minor changes to the design will be accepted after a deposit is received up to 4 weeks prior to your event.
- Should the design change, Pearl’s Creations will endeavour to accommodate your changes, however, we reserve the right to amend the quote accordingly (where applicable) to reflect the changes required. An administration fee may also be charged.
- Any changes to the original order are subject to viability and quote review.
- Date Changes must be submitted in writing and the new date is subject to availability.
- Any errors, corrections or updates to your order must be submitted in writing. Your amended order will then be reissued for your records.
- Whist all care is taken to complete your order as specified – Factors including but not limited to, weather and supply unavailability MAY result in design changes. Design changes are at Pearl’s Creations’ discretion. All cake designs are subject to artistic license, and should we need to make such changes no further correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that an agreement not be reached on changes to the revised quote, the normal cancellation procedure is applicable.
- Please understand that we aim to provide you with a high level of service and want to ensure you have the best possible experience with us. However, excessive emailing, phone calls, extra requests for quotes or design changes may result in an administration fee being charged.
SUPPLYING YOUR OWN DECORATIONS & FLOWERS
- If you choose to supply your own ribbons, or decorations, they must be suitable for your cake- e.g. enough ribbon, correct thickness, fabric suitability for the design etc…
- Any figurines supplied for your cake, must be able to be easily attached to your cake- preferably being able to stand alone, or with the aide of inbuilt supports.
- All items supplied for your cake, must be clearly marked with your name & date.
- Any items which do not meet hygiene and food safety requirements will be unable to be used.
- You are welcome to supply your own fresh flowers on the condition that:
- They are individually wired and taped; pre clustered or set in a previously agreed fashion.
- Should your flowers not be supplied subject to the conditions, we reserve the right NOT to place them onto your cake. This is a food safety issue.
- Flowers must be delivered to the reception venue or to us – at a mutually suitable time.
- You are responsible for ordering the correct amount/size of flowers through your florist. Damaged, bruised or poor quality blooms supplied by you are your responsibility.
- Please don’t hesitate to call us or to pass on our details to your florist if you have any questions.
- Pearl’s Creations’ cakes are all freshly baked and custom made to order. Our most popular flavours are listed in the Cake Ordering page. Should you require a flavour that is not listed including gluten, dairy, nut free or vegan please ask us.
- Pearl’s Creations will not be held responsible for any allergies.
- Unless it is specified otherwise on your order, products may contain or come into contact with dairy, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. It is the clients responsibility to inform their guests that of any risks.
SET UP & DELIVERY
- Set up and delivery is only available for wedding cakes.
- Available delivery is upon our discretion; charges for delivery may apply & will be subject to location of venue.
- Easy access to the venue needs to be available eg; Close parking, lift access to higher levels
- The Cake table needs to be level, stable, clothed and ready for cake placement
- The room should be a suitable temperature for your cake- Air conditioning is best
- You are welcome to collect your cake, Monday – Sunday by appointment.
- If you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the handling of the cake once it leaves my possession.
- Whilst all due care is taken when boxing your cake, cakes transported by you are done so at your own risk.
- Where cakes are covered/decorated in fondant, including figurines; these should not be refrigerated as this may cause the colours in the icing to run due to condensation.
- Storage of these decorated cakes should be in a cool dry dark place out of direct sunlight & away from heat.
- Pearl’s Creations cannot be held responsible for any damage to the cake or products once they are delivered and in the care of a client or the venue.
- Where a client self-transports a decorated cake, we are not responsible for any damage(s) that may be caused/sustained during transportation.
- Stand Hire is available on our range of Timber, Pedestal & Tiered Stands.
- A hire fee & bond is charged.
- The stand must be bought back in its original condition to receive the bond back.
- The stands need to be back by Thursday the week after the function at the very latest, as they may need to be used on that weekend. Any breakages must be reported immediately.
- Pearl’s Creations reserve the right to use any photos we take of your creation for any media related activities such as our website, Instagram, Facebook or advertising.
- By placing an order, you agree to the terms and conditions set out above.
CHANGES TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Pearl’s Creations may change their terms and conditions at any time which become effective once published on our website. It is the client’s responsibility to read our terms and conditions before ordering and review our terms and conditions periodically to be aware of any changes.